The Hearing Aid Centre understands the importance of protecting the privacy of individuals accessing and using our website. This policy outlines The Hearing Aid Centres policy regarding handling of personal information received by us through your access and use of the Website.
The Hearing Aid Centre respects your rights to privacy under the Privacy Act 1988 and is required to comply with the National Privacy Principles in respect of the collection, use, disclosure and handling of personal information from individuals.
Collection and Use of Personal Information
During normal Website browsing we do not collect or store personal information. The Hearing Aid Centre may collect your personal information in the following circumstances:
- To process the online purchase of products or services;
- To provide you with further information about our services, at your online request;
- To send correspondence (e.g. mailed brochures) or other communications at your online request;
- To provide you with access to protected areas of our Website;
- To book an appointment, at your online request;
- To process your online entry into a competition;
- In relation to your online employment application;
This information includes:
- Mailing or street address;
- e-mail address;
- Type of request;
- Transaction details associated with a purchase from us;
- Credit card and account details (including conducting credit verification checks) when processing a transaction;
- Any additional information provided to our service centre;
- Information you provide to us through customer surveys; and
- Possibly additional information necessary to fulfil a particular request;
Additionally Website users may decide to send The Hearing Aid Centre personal information by email. The Hearing Aid Centre will use this information only to determine how to respond to the email. We will not use this information other than to resolve the matter identified in the email.
The Hearing Aid Centre use personal information collected through the Website for the following purposes:
- to provide goods and services and send communications requested by its customers, including those described above;
- for internal administrative, marketing, planning, product or service development and research requirements;
- to provide information or advice about existing and new products or services;
- to conduct account management and payment processing including billing, external payment and accounting systems;
- to conduct competitions run by us;
- to process online employment applications;
- For any purpose made known to you at the time at the time of collection of your personal information.
At any time you may opt-out of receiving marketing communications from us by contacting us (see details below) and we will ensure that your name is removed from our mailing list.
We use general, aggregated information to generate statistics and measure site activity to improve the usefulness of customer visits. Such information does not include personal information.
We may disclose your information:
- to our related companies, contractors or service providers for the purposes of operation of our Website or our business, fulfilling orders by you, and to otherwise provide services and products to you web hosting providers, product suppliers, couriers; or
- as required or authorised under law or provided in co-operation with any governmental authority.
Where information is disclosed to third parties, The Hearing Aid Centre does so on a confidential basis and takes all reasonable measures to ensure that such third parties do not use the information for any purpose other than that for which it was provided, or disclose the information to any other party. The Hearing Aid Centre does not sell or rent the personal information it collects.
We may share general, aggregated information about the use of our Website with advertisers, market researchers, sponsors, content providers and other third parties with whom we have commercial arrangements. However, any such information is de-identified so that it does not include personal information.
“Cookies” and “log files”
We may log IP addresses (i.e. the electronic addresses of computers connected to the Internet) to analyse trends, administer the site, track users movements, and gather broad demographic information.
Security of your personal information
We will take reasonable steps to protect any personal information we receive from you via our Website from misuse and loss and from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure. We may hold your information in either electronic or hard copy form. Personal information is destroyed or de-identified when no longer needed.
However as the Website is linked to the internet, and the internet is inherently insecure, we cannot provide any assurance regarding the security of transmission of information you communicate to us and you do so at your own risk.
Links to other Websites
Our Website may contain links to websites operated by third parties (“Third Party Websites“). The Hearing Aid Centre is not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of Third Party Websites. Third Party Websites are responsible for informing you about their own privacy practices.
Access and Correction
You may request access to any personal information we hold about you at any time by contacting us (see details below). Where we hold information that you are entitled to access, we will endeavour to provide you with suitable means of accessing it (e.g. by emailing or mailing it to you).
If you believe that personal information we hold about you is incorrect, incomplete or inaccurate, then you may request amendment of it. We will consider if the information requires amendment. If we do not agree that there are grounds for amendment then we will add a note to the personal information stating that you disagree with it.
The Hearing Aid Centre
Shop 3, The Wharf
129 Laver Drive
Robina QLD 4226